Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Life before India...

So it's been a while since I wrote on here. During the summer when I don't have much to do and don't have a schedule I become very unproductive. I went to the beach with my family a couple of weeks ago though and got a lot of reading and a lot of thinking done. My parents and I drove from the beach to Disney World to pick my sister up (she works there) and bring her back. On the way back, driving down the road, in the middle of know where, not near any other buildings, I saw this huge, tall building where the outside is all glass windows. As we got closer, I saw that the whole inside was empty and the bottom was finished either. There weren't even any floors or inside walls. It made me think about life and how we all try to make our lives look like everything is going great and perfect, but when people really get close and get to know you, they just find out that you are empty inside. This building was life with out Christ, worthless and empty.

Later on, when were back at the beach my dad and I built these sand castles. My dad built a bunch of little ones and I built one really big one! He kept adding a little bit to each of them, and I kept making mine bigger and better. Then I started thinking about it, no matter how many different things we try to excel in or how great and big we make our lives, they still crumble and fall. As I was building my big sand castle, it kept falling and collapsing and I had to start all over again. I realized that when "I" was building it, it kept crumbing and falling, and the same thing happens with my life. As long as I continue to build my life on sand, I will never reach as high as God has planned for my life. Only when I build my house out of Solid Rock will my house stand strong and reach as high as God has planned for my life. By the end of the day, waves come and knock the sand castle down to where it blends in with the flat ground, if I keep trying to build my life on my own out of sand, I will only continue to crumble and fall, I must allow God to build my house of Christ the Solid Rock in order to stand strong and tall for the life He has planned for me.


The beach trip was great, we had a lot of fun spending time together with all four of us because that doesn't happen to often. Catherine got to come home for a week too which was great! For the past few weeks I have just been catching up with different friends, spending time with family, and a lot of relaxing. With that relaxing I've become lazy with my goal of reading the Bible in one year, so I'm going to start all over today and do it right this time. Last time I wanted to start out writing down questions and new things I discover as I read it, and I didn't start that till later which messed up my schedule, so I'm starting that today. I have been spending a lot of time getting ready for India because I leave in 3 days to meet my team and then after 4 days of training we will be flying out on June 8th to India! I am just continuing to pray for our team unity and for what God will be doing in and through us. I would love for you to pray for me and my team. Pray that I would take full advantage of what God has for me for the next two months and that I don't pass up any opportunity to become more intimate with Christ. Pray that God will break my heart for these women and that I will learn what it truely means to be a women of Christ. Pray that I would be open to learning, growing, and being used as His hands and feet. This is going to be an incredible month...and I have no idea what exactly that means! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment