Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Goodbye acid relux....Hello spicy food!

Hey everyone! So we are finishing up training camp and are leaving for the airport in the next hour! We have been together as a team for 4 days now and we have become unbelievably close. We started out traveling by Marta to the Atlanta Safe House and doing ministry on the streets of Atlanta on a Friday night, then bonded by spitting water in each others faces, amazing worship services, team building activities, cold showers outside at night, testimony sharing, and so much more. These past few days have been incredible and so much needed, the Lord has been preparing us and filling us with the Holy Spirit! We all have incredible visions for the women of India and cannot wait to see the Lord work through us to change the hearts of women in India.
During worship on Sunday night we learned and practice hearing God speak to us. It was incredible and incredibly hard. I still have a long way to go with that, but it was an incredible experience. My number one goal for the next two months is to listen to God, respond with obedience, and hold nothing back. I believe if God can teach me obedience, then He will work in unfathomable ways through me to reach the women of India in ways I cannot even imagine. Yesterday morning one of me teammates, Emily, showed a perfect example. During worship she heard God speaking to her saying that I would be healed of my acid reflux that night!!! Those of you who know me, know that is HUGE!!! So last night I laid down on a table and the entire team laid their hands on me as Emily prayed healing over me! We both have complete faith that God has healed me or at least is healing me!! So far I am feeling great, and today at the airport am going to try out some Chick-fil-a fried chicken for the first time in over a year! The faith and love of my team has blown me away and I cannot wait to be broken, loved, encouraged, built up, and grow with these wonderful sisters! The consuming fire of the Lord is among our team and is so ready to set the flames loose in India!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait for you to get there & see how God is going to move in India! Praying for you & the girls :)

    ReplyDelete